Friday, April 18, 2014

Up in the air, we fly, zoom zoom a zoom a zoom zoom

We're off in a plane again today.

But Leo is cool with that.  Look how relaxed he was the first time he flew.


These were some of the incidents from the first trip - which was 12 hours from our door in Ainay to the door of our new apartment in Pristina:

- 3 hour car trip with Pape and Grandmere when a light came on the dashboard half way which according to the manual meant 'stop the car now and take it to a Peugot dealer'.  We didn't stop.

- head security guard at the Paris security gate making me un-sling a sleeping Leo because we beeped, which meant I had to hand him to a security guard while I walked and re-walked through the scanner, which meant Leo screamed his head off, which meant the head security guard got lots of very dirty looks from me and pretty much everyone else in the airport.

- Leo befriending the tall, funny-haired, grumpy Austrian lady next to us on the flight from Paris to Vienna, even though she desperately wanted to be grumpy at him because I don't think she liked babies very much.

- Leo doing a massive explosive poo that went up his back during the same flight, which soaked through his onesie and pjs.  So I had to wrap him in my scarf to avoid the sling getting all poo-ey.  40 minutes in the change room in Vienna, and he was a new baby!

- Being nearly denied entry on the flight from Vienna to Pristina, because Leo and I had different surnames and different nationality passports.  Fair enough, really.  Luckily I had packed a birth certificate in my carry-on, which saved our skin.

So hopefully we'll avoid any similar incidents on this journey.  Except the friend making part.  But this time we have papa with us to help which is going to make a hell of a difference.

So!  time to do the final packing, and get this Fraussie show on the road!  Hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll be taking a stroll through the castle gardens together.




No comments:

Post a Comment