This is a photo I took 5 minute ago of Leo pretending to sleep - note the eyes half open:
If the last 24 hours are anything to go by, he'll be awake and crying for a feed again in about 20 minutes.
For future reference - either for our next baby, to show grown-up Leo when he's whinging about his own babies and their feeding/sleeping habits, or just to look back on one day when I am actually sleeping again and wonder at the madness of it all - this has been Leo's feeding schedule since 11.30 pm last night:
11.30pm
1.30 am
3.30 am
5.30 am
8.30 am
9.30 am
11.00 am
12.45 pm
2.00 pm
It is not usually this bad! But he certainly has been hungrier and grumpier than usual for about a week , leading to all sorts of night-time fun for me, a couple of bouts of mastitis and an our of hell for Romain about 3 nights ago when I thought it was safe for me to slip out and do some shopping because he had just fed. Leo decided about 15 minutes after I had left that he ABSOLUTELY had to eat again, which resulted in 45 minutes of hysteria, and me arriving home to find Romain wild eyed with ear-plugs jammed into his ears. Poor Leo, poor Romain.
It is now 3.30 pm and he is doing his fake-nap thing. The clever and sensible thing for me to be doing right now is to be also sleeping myself, but I tried to lay down before and couldn't sleep. I think I've forgotten how to.
So instead I'm going to make some baklava!

No comments:
Post a Comment