Thursday, January 9, 2014

Scary Leo

This is Leo!  Fresh from my belly.  He was purple and his hands were all puffy and white and looked water-logged, which I guess they were after 9 months floating around inside me.  We didn't know what to think.  But I think we were both thinking 'holy shit!'.
They weighed him and measured him - he was a good size baby - 3.25 kg and 50 cm long.  He really enjoyed this part, as you can see.



Then just as we thought he couldn't get any scarier looking, they rubbed yellow stuff across his eyes and he really looked like a prop from a Peter Jackson movie.

And this is the team that delivered him, lead by Yvette Blanc the midwife or 'wise woman' as they call them in France,  which is a much better name I reckon.  The lady on the left was a nurse in training and this was the first birth she had assisted with.  She cried when Leo was born - hopefully because it was a momentous occasion, and not because he was so terrifying looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment