Thursday, January 9, 2014

A week in the maternity ward

We got some first snuggles in - and yes I am as tired as I look.

Dad looking slightly more fresh-faced

But then we needed to get down to business.  First bath.

And feeding.  I asked Leo if he had finished, and this is what he had to say.

Visits from his cousin-uncles: Jean-Bapt and Jean-Philippe

Nana-Jan keeping watch
And this is us celebrating New Year's Eve together as a family, on Leo's second day in the world.  The food was top notch, as far as hospital food goes - smoked salmon for entree, roast pork en croute for mains and lemon and rasberry cake for dessert.  Romain snuck in a bottle of Mumm champagne too and I had a wincy sip.

Even the water they give you in hospital in France celebrates your newly acquired motherhood status.  The Evian bottles say "I'm a mum!"

Having one last feed before we left hospital after a good 6 days in the cosy maternity ward.

My view for the week had been out onto a a medieval church.  Very peaceful.


Our room - number 12

Leo very pensive - considering what lies ahead outside the walls of the maternity ward

Not quite William and Kate: us making our grand exit from the hospital, with me still sporting quite a considerable belly.  Little Leo was super calm about the whole 'hello world" thing though.


In the car and ready to begin the trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment