The baseline pic or December Family Portrait which you have already seen was the one taken in the 'chambre d'accouchement' at hour 0.
We look tired, a bit surprised but very happy and Leo looks new. It captured the moment.
So at my insistence, we tried again for a team photo in January - on Leo's 1 month b'day.
And we failed. Massively.
The first series of pics our friend Augustin took of us at home, as we were all about to head out together on a walk in the forest.
Romain and I certainly don't look great, but what the hell is going on with Leo???
We have plenty of photographic evidence that he is a pretty cute little baby, but holy shit! you wouldn't believe it from this pic.
Or this one.
We stole Mini Me!!
So we tried again once we were in the forest.
This photo had huge potential - great light, scenic forest, Romain and I looking half-way decent - but Augustin managed to cut Leo out almost completely (he probably thought he was doing us a favour).
And again - Fail!
So I tried for one last time once we were back at Romain's parents' house. Trouble was Leo was a bit colicky and sad so I was nursing him in the 'colic hold'. Which makes for an extremely disturbing family portrait. Romain looks serial-killer-crazed, I look like I've mixed sedatives with alcohol and Leo looks like a cat.
So we gave up.
*****
We had slightly better luck with the February Family Portrait:
We'll try to do better next month.











No comments:
Post a Comment